Programme of Centre for Rural Extension in period of 2012-2013 will include those activities:
- Realization of licensed one year master studies on Faculty of Agriculture, University of Banja Luka;
- Organizing lectures for new students from topics: rural development, rural ecology, rural economy, rural sociology and elective subjects;
- Creation of web page for Center for Rural Extension which will be connected with web pages of WBREN project, other CREs and web page of Faculty of Agriculture, University of Banja Luka;
- Organizing guest lectures for experts from EU partner countries included in TEMPUS IV – WBREN project;
- Organizing education for director of CRE and other professors from University of Banja Luka within framework of TEMPUS IV – WBREN project;
- Organizing education for representatives of NGO partners in the project;
- Starting cooperation with interested institutions in field of rural development in BiH and region;
- Cooperation with CRE partners on TEMPUS IV – WBREN project;
- Education from topics which are not part of the WBREN project.
Within TEMPUS WBREN project on March 22nd and 23rd of 2013. were held lectures of Rural Sociology by PhDr. Ing. Věra Majerová, CSc. from Czech University of Life Sciences Prague. Prof. Majerova came from Faculty of economy and management of Czech University of Life Sciences from Prague and she is expert from rural sociology, expert of FAO for cooperatives, expert of Czech development agency for many projects implemented in countries of Balkan.
Prof. Majerova put special accent on position of women in rural areas, transformation of society in rural parts of Czech Republic and she presented examples of good practices from rural areas of Czech Republic with hope that they will be useful for implementation in rural areas of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Within TEMPUS WBREN project on April 26th and 27th of 2013. were held lectures of professors Femma Roschar and Stefan Nortier from Wageningen University in field of communication and personal leadership.
Prof. Roschar and prof. Nortier held interactive lectures for staff and students from three different topics: communication skills, personal leadership and presentation skills. Lectures were implemented as interactive workshops and besides introducing the theory from relevant fields they involved implementation of theoretical knowledge in practice.
In Novi Sad, on November 25th and 26th of 2013. was held ending conference of partners at Western Balkan Rural Extension Network TEMPUS project. At this conference were presented results of researches from rural development and they were discussed together with goals of the project.
University of Banja Luka was represented at the conference by Dean of Agricultural Faculty Professor Dr. Aleksandar Ostojić and coordinator of the project Professor Dr. Željko Vaško. In addition to representatives of the University of Banja Luka at the conference from Bosnia and Herzegovina were the representatives of the University of Sarajevo, Professor Dr. Hamid Čustović and MSc. Melisa Ljuša, representative of NGO REDAH from Mostar Ivica Sivrić and representative of NGO ACED from Banja Luka Slaviša Jovanović.
On behalf of the research team gathered around Centre for Rural Extension at the Faculty of Agriculture, University of Banja Luka, Professor Vaško presented the results of the realized project on the theme “The role of green and livestock markets in rural areas – a case study of Republic of Srpska” at the conference.
Since it was the last formal meeting of the project partners, it was concluded that one of the important results of the project was establishing a network of higher education institutions and non-governmental organizations from the Balkan and EU countries that are theoreticaly and practicaly involved in issues of rural development and it was concluded that regardless of project completion, the copperation of those actors should continue and improve in the future.